Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Parco Spring

This is a design composed by a Japanese artist that I do not know much about quite honestly. However, I love the colors and images used within the poster. If I could I would hang this as a poster in my room (notice the peacock at the lower right hand corner). To me, the environment portrayed looks like something of an enchanted forest, because what normal one has flamingos climbing tree branches. The color pallette the artist used really sparked my attention, the teal blue, forest green, and light pink are not your average colors. Since my Design Principles class I have started to notice and appreciate how artists place items ever so carefully in a visual piece to make it appear random, even though he/she carefully picked each animal or foliage. In this case, I believe this principle applies. I found this piece in the book New Girly Graphics which is an archive of mostly Japanese design and in a different language. Fortunately, aesthetics can be adored without all the descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment