Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fun in the Sun

For this weeks blog post I found it very appropriate to elaborate on this design piece. If you did the homework last week this should look quite familiar to you. The style of the sun above is more modern, and playful, to me. The sun was designed by Alexander Girard for La Fonda del Sol Restaurant. Also, it seems as if the style is not quite a Mexican feel but multiple cultures in its identity. What appeals to me about the above design is that it has a hand crafted quality to it. Notice all of the rays are not the same shape and not evenly spaced. Girard's design represents optimism and still successfully demonstrate so without descending into chaos and disorder without confining strictly to modernism. I pulled this from I Heart Design By Steve Heller.

No comments:

Post a Comment